Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bloody Sunday - Quiz of the Day - 10 June 2012

Let's travel down the path of some high-funda philosophy for the Sunday edition of the daily quiz.
A great philosopher had once remarked,
At fifteen my heart was set on learning; at thirty I stood firm; at forty I had no more doubts; at fifty I knew the mandate of heaven; at sixty my ear was obedient; at seventy I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing the norm.
It is said to be the retrospection of his own life. From this phrase, alternative names for each decades of human life have been derived in his native language.
shovon
Identify the philosopher.
gap
You can leave your responses as comments to the post. The comments will be moderated for a period of 24 hours. Alternatively, you can also mail your answer to shovon76[at]gmail[dot]com.
The answer, along with the names of the persons with the right answer, will be published tomorrow.
Cheers!
gap
Answer: The answer is Confucius, the greatest philosopher to have emerged from China.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Nope. A mention of his native language would have made it a sitter. Chinese.

      Delete

Share